2014 was a very good year for the top 25 hedge fund managers of 2014, combined, they took home a staggering total of $21 billion. That is almost a billion per person!
The best of the best, David Tepper of Appaloosa Management took home an incredible $3.5 billion. While first loser (second place) Steve Cohen of SAC took home a disappointing $2.4 billion.
The Top 10 Hedge Fund Manager Salaries of 2014
1. David Tepper (Appaloosa Management) $3.5 billion
2. Steven Cohen (SAC Capital Advisors) $2.4 billion
3. John Paulson (Paulson & Co.) $2.3 billion
4. James Simons (Renaissance Technologies) $2.2 billion
5. Kenneth Griffin (Citadel) $950 million
6. Israel (Izzy) Englander (Millennium Management) $850 million
7. Leon Cooperman (Omega Advisors) $825 million
8. Lawrence Robbins (Glenview Capital Management) $750 million
9. Daniel Loeb (Third Point) $700 million
10. Paul Tudor Jones II (Tudor Investment Corp.) $600 million